Sigma Mixer R&D Lab Model (lab sigma mixer) including small sigma kneader uses for uniform mixing of semi solid materials. Pilot Mixer consist of U trough bowl with two ‘Z’ shape blades each rotates in opposite direction for proper mixing of material. Machine equipped with suitable capacity motor & gearbox decided as per characteristics of the product & process. Equipment is provided with Jacket arrangement for heating or cooling applications.
Lab Sigma Mixer is widely uses in laboratory for mixing polyester putty, rubber solution, biscuit dough, sauce, polymers etc. Abster is one of leading sigma mixer manufacturer in India. Our range consist Laboratory Sigma Mixer 10 liters to Heavy Duty Sigma Mixer 3000 liters.
LAB SIGMA MIXER VIDEO
Design of Lab Sigma Mixer
Sigma Mixers design offered as per different application requirements. We offer wide range of design features meeting various user requirements. Some of the features are listed below:
- Blade Material: Material option of AISI 1030, AISI CF8 & AISI CF8M
- U Trough: Construction gauge offered from 3mm thick up to 10mm thick in mild steel and stainless steel 304 & 316 options.
- Motor horsepower: Motor horsepower ranging from 0.25 H.P. up to 5 H.P.
- Power Voltage: Can be design as per various geographical power voltage requirements.
- Rotation speed: Fix and variable speed RPM offered with option of variable frequency drive.
- Feeding: Manual type feeding as well as vacuum/screw type automatic feeding can be offered.
- Discharge: Manual, chain type and hydraulic type automatic tilting as well as screw type side discharge system.
- Heating: Heating jacket offered for steam heating, hot water circulation and electrical heaters with suitable grade insulation.
- Cooling: Jacket offered for cool water circulation.
- Sealing: Silicon & PTFE sealing for food grade and asbestos sealing for industrial grade equipment offered.
- Finish: 180 grit to 240 grit finish on stainless steel parts and epoxy paint on mild steel parts.
- Discharge Clearance: Discharge clearance can be offered as per user requirements.
Application of Lab Sigma Mixer
Sigma mixer is having wide range of industry wise applications. It is uses for production of highly viscous materials like Chemical, Dyes & Pigments, Paints, Polymers Plastic, Polyester Putties, Plastics, Pharmaceuticals, Food products etc. We are giving here below industry wise sigma mixer uses:
Food & Confectionery: Processing of finely milled wheat flour, bechamel sauce, chocolate, bubble gum, biscuit doughs, sugar paste, Bakery Dough, Chewing gum, Compunded Hing, Asafoetida, Sugar pastes, Biscuit dough
Paint & Solvents: Kneading of polyester putty, glass putty, adhesives, sealants, Fiberglass resin doughs, Polyester Compounds, Flush Colors, Brake lining compounds, Resins, Adhesives
Rubber Products: Mixing of rubber solution & silicon rubber, Stiff pastes, Silicon Rubbers, Viscous rubber solutions, Sealing compounds, Butyl rubber
FMCG: Blending of Liquid Soap, Liquid Detergent, Soap Noodles, Soap & Detergent, Ceramics,
Other Applications: Printing ink, Dispersion of iron compounds, ceramic powders, Crayon and pencil lead, Gaskets and gland packings, Grinding wheel preparations, Hot-Melts, Inks and pigment products, Marzipan,, Mastics, Metal powders, Moulding preparations, Pencil erasers, Pharmaceuticals, Plastics, Putties, Refractories, Magnetic Tape Coatings, Ceramics, Carbon Black, Carbon pastes, PVC coatings, Rubber Compounds, Fiber Glass, Grease, Lead Storage Battery, Zirconium Crucibles dough sigma mixer, Solid propellants
Exclusive Features of Lab Sigma Mixer
- Available in Stainless Steel 316, Stainless Steel 304 and Mild Steel materials.
- Stainless Steel polish to matt & mirror finish as per customer’s requirements.
- Mild Steel finish with one coat of red oxide and two coats of epoxy paint.
- Discharge option of hand wheel operated (manual) or hydraulic operated (automatic) offered.
- Jacket for heating or cooling application can be offered.
- Mineral wool insulation with cladding on jacket.
- Tangential designed ‘Z’ blades offered for uniform mixing.
- PTFE made shaft sealing provided for food grade compatibility.
- Minimum gap between trough inner shell & blades remove possibility of sticking product.
- On demand Spray system, vacuum system
Optional Features/Accessories of Lab Sigma Mixer
- Liquid Spray System
- Vacuum System
- Blades Cooling Arrangement
- Screw System
- Automatic Valve Discharge System
of Lab Sigma Mixer
In Sigma mixer tangential action of mixing and kneading obtained by ‘Z’ type (SIGMA) shaped kneading blades, which rotates very accurately at different speed towards each other causing product to be transferred from one end to another end. Discharge of the finished product is achieved by tilting the container or through the valves at the bottom or by means of an extrusion screw beside the container.
The mixing action is a combination of bulk movement, stretching, folding, dividing, and recombining of the material. The shearing & tearing action of the material against blades and the side walls causes size reduction of the solids. After the time period required for sterilizing the batch has elapsed, the heating circuit shuts of the pneumatics damper (exhaust) opens and cooling operation commences.
In the tangential design, the blades rotate in the trough meeting tangentially. The front blade generally rotates faster than the rear blade usually in the ratio of 3:2. Tangential blades are generally used for material of higher viscosities such as adhesives, rubber compounds, flush colors, dyes, and pigments.
In the overlapping design, the blades overlap above the saddle of the container. Due to the overlapping action it is necessary that the relative position of the two blades is unchanged, and as a result, both the blades rotate at the same speed. Materials that flow freely or creep down into the blades are mixed using the overlapping blade action. This design offers a faster interchange of material from one blade compartment of the mixer to the other. Overlapping blade action is used for materials of lighter viscosities such as carbon pastes, clay coating, creams, and ointments. The overlapping blade produces a lower kneading and shearing compared to the tangential blade action.
of Lab Sigma Mixer
|Model||Capacity – Litres||Motor (H.P.)|
|Working Capacity approx.||Gross Capacity approx.||General||Heavy Duty|
|ASM – 5||5 Liters||8 Liters||1 H.P.||1.5 H.P.|
|ASM – 10||10 Liters||15 Liters||1 H.P.||1.5 H.P.|
|ASM – 20||20 Liters||30 Liters||1.5 H.P.||3 H.P.|
* Power voltage can be adjusted as per customer’s domestic power voltage requirements.
* Rights of technical improvements & modification reserved.
* Illustrations & dimensions are shown for information purpose only.
20 total views, 1 views today